Monday, March 19, 2007

Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot

John Scalzi's Your Monday Photo Shoot:  It's Night! Take a picture. Naturally, taking a picture inside at night (i.e., where it's well lit and indistinguishable from day) won't do; take a picture that captures some of the quality of the night time. Also: No sunset photos. We'll save them up to do another time.
 
 
taken this past summer in destin, fl...relaxing outside our motel,
as night started moving in, and the lights came on, this scene
caught my eye.
 
 
i have always loved night lights....i thought this destin plaza was
particularly pretty all lit up.
 
 
hubby and i celebrated our 2nd annniversary this past summer in san diego with a
dinner cruise.
 
 
business meeting in costa mesa, ca....friends and i had walked to the mall for dinner one
night, and i had to snap a few shots on the walk back of the beautiful christmas lights
and decorations.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice !   Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

I love nightime cityscapes by the water.  I think they are absolutely beautiful!  This is a very good entry for this theme.

Greg

Anonymous said...

These are all great (as usual).  I like the Palm trees.  
Barb  

Anonymous said...

AMAZING shots!  I love night shots with lights, something magical about them~
LOVE THEM ALL!!!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Every shot is so unique but all under the same idea of night photography.....loved them!

Kimberleigh

http://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/PhotographicMemory/entries/2007/03/20/monday-photo-shoot...night-vision/662

Anonymous said...

Wow!   Great choices AGAIN!    Beautiful.....
~Meg

Anonymous said...

 Love them all especially number 2


               Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina. Thanks for stopping by my journal. I've been looking through some of your entries, and I just have to say, you have some amazing photos here. Great job!

~Stephanie~

Anonymous said...

Great night shots Gina! I love the river cruise one, I love seeing buildings lit up like that! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT!

Anonymous said...

The second picture reminds me of Napier in New Zealand.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures as always.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I had to comment on these.  Loved the destin plaza shot the best I think.   Greg said I needed a tripod first of all to take a good night photo. Do you use one?   Gerry   http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/