Wednesday, May 21, 2008

gulf shores, alabama

from the shores of beautiful south alabama....

i love the beach...it's therapeutic for me.  i don't care about being in the waves very long...if any...but i can sit and watch and listen to them for hours.  this trip, the water was toooo cold to get in...well for me....there were several youngsters playing in it.

  

we rented the beach chairs and an umbrella a couple of days to make the most of  our beach time.

these shadows caught my eye one late afternoon when going back to the room.

these little beggars are fun to watch.  i sure would love to go back soon....but for right now, i'll enjoy revisiting through my photos.  :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that does seem like a relaxing place to just sit, watch the waves, hear the sounds of them crashing and people watch (one of my favorite activities); now I see those cushions on the wooden beach chairs; they do look worth the money to rent them

I hope you can pay many visits this summer to the beach

wonderful pictures!

betty

Anonymous said...

Wow, very nice closeup of the bird....all photos are lovely, Gina....I love the beach too, can't wait to go...Ü
MArie

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the bird is GREAT!    Of course, all the pics are really good, and I'm really glad you had such a good time.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Great shot on the bird. I love that first shot. Glad that you had a good time and got some great pics to share. Helen

Anonymous said...

I never knew about how beautiful Alabama could be.  Your pics are great.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures Gina.   I love the beach too.  Here of course our beach is on the Pacific Ocean.  I too could just sit and watch the waves for hours.  That gull looks different than ours.  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

It is so peaceful and relaxing just to watch the water......
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I've just worked a 55 hour week and I'm so pooped, then I check out your journal and now I feel relaxed, as if I had spent some time watching and listening to the ocean lap against the shore. Thank you for transporting me into a few moments of tranquility.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Awesome beach shots! Hmmm, maybe I'll go to the beach today instead of a hot air balloon ride. That I can do! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Valuable resource of relevant news summaries: http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=alabama