Tuesday, May 27, 2008

jland photo shoot #134

krissy invites us to show some color for this photo shoot.  the alabama jubilee hot air balloon classic is an annual event in decatur (just 20 miles south of me) every memorial day weekend.  it was fun...and colorful!!  i'll only share a few of the many i took.  :)

 

and last but not least...at 166' high, the energizer bunny is the world's largest hot air balloon....

                                    

and the little bunny that keeps on going....just couldn't get going saturday morning.  several attempts were made before they finally gave it up...said there wasn't enough wind.  hopefully, he made it up sunday.  to play along, click link above and be sure to post before midnight on sunday!  :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic choices Gina!   I may play too...

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty. You can't get much more colorful than that. Helen

Anonymous said...

 I love hot air balloons, great shots.  They are so colorful.

                     Julie

Anonymous said...

Some of the best color I've seen.    Very well done!
~Meggy

Anonymous said...

I love the to watch hot air balloons but have never had the desire to ride in one.  Great colorful pictures.  Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

I love hot air balloons! this looks like a fun festival and definitely colorful!!! very colorful!!

some time if you ever have a chance you have to go to the Albuquerque balloon festival (was usually in October); we saw it one time and it was just awesome, over 800 balloons going up in the morning with all different shapes/sizes, etc.

great pictures!

betty

Anonymous said...

How very pretty, all that glorious color. One of these days, I'm going to take that hot air balloon ride that I've dreamed of taking.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Oh cool!  I love balloons!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Beautiful balloons and beautiful shots! I'd like to be riding on one of those right now with a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberrys, sound good? Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

What fun! I find myself feeling happier, just looking at these.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...hot air balloons.  Those are so colorful and beautiful to behold both in actuality and in pictures.  Great subject for this shoot, and wonderful pictures!

Greg

Anonymous said...

I love hot air balloons, these are wonderful!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love hot air balloon festivals!  I thought about my hot air balloon pictures for this but, I had shared some recently so .... I didn't. :-)  I didn't get to see the Energizer bunny at my event - how fun.  Even if they didn't get him going.  Ironic, huh!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I think these are the most colorful hot air baloons I've ever seen.  Very nice.
~D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/my-photo-lounge/entries/2008/05/31/jland-photo-shoot-134---say-it-with-color/2017