Monday, January 7, 2008

alpine helen

our little get-away over new year weekend.....to north georgia

             we stayed in this terrific b & b that had a most wonderful german restaurant...

the pretty town of helen, ga, still had their Christmas decorations up.  i loved that big tree with the huge ornaments.

        you could take a nice horse and buggy ride and browse the many wonderful shops

there were several german restaurants in town, but you had a selection of good ole american fare as well.

                  most of the motels and business had a definite german flair.

      we saw our first snowfall of the year while there...it made everything even prettier...

                                        

                       but the highlight of the trip was our trek on new years day to anna ruby falls. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has got to be one of the cutest places I've seen!  You captured it so well too.
It's just so charming.  Who knew Georgia had this?
Thanks for sharing!  Love the falls of course too.

Nancy : )

Anonymous said...

wow..I have been to Ga..did not know they had this..how pretty everything is..I love the big tree too!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I added you to my alerts by the way. -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lovely time. The buildings remind me of Leavenworth WA. They have the same style buildings.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Thats a really nice place, Gina!! The town looks so colorful....beautiful vivid shots!
Thanks for sharing your trip.  I don't get out much...Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

I have been there but it was many years ago. Your pictures were great. Thanks for sharing. Those pretty blue skies just set it all off. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hey, those falls are on my list of ones to visit in the near future.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures, but that B&B...oh, the jealousy. I think I'd like to stay there :-).
Thanks for your kindness on my weepy whiskey entry! I needed it then. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I GOT TO GO THERE !!   Truly.     Wonderful entry.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

What a great place to visit!!
It is just too cute and the falls beautiful!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty town, I never knew it existed. It looks like some Alpine village. You and hubby look pretty cute too!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like a beautiful little town.  My husband and I love getting to waterfalls so I really like the last one too.

Monica